Close
Ask an Expert
Try it Risk Free! All of our products comes with a 90 day money back guarantee!
Your Cart InformationMy Shopping Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
There is a sale on right now! Find out what you can save on here.
Receive FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99!
We accept PayPal!
Visit our blog!

Cushings Disease in Cats

Chances are your cat does not have Cushing’s disease. As of 2002, fewer than 100 cats had been reported having Cushings in the history of veterinary literature.

The disease serves to illustrate its counterpart, Addison’s disease; both of these ailments affect the adrenal gland, most specifically its over or underproduction of cortisol.

In Cushing’s disease, it is the overproduction of cortisol which is the case. This is usually caused by tumors, or the (sustained) effects of steroid drugs. 

Around 15% of the cats diagnosed with tumors were found to have adrenal gland tumors. Conversely, the other 85% had tumors in the pituitary gland which caused the overproduction of precursor hormones to those in the adrenal gland.

If it revealed that the Cushings' disease was caused by medication, then that medication should be stopped immediately. In the case of tumors, it is possible to surgically remove them in many instances.

Copyright © 1stPetNaturals.com
All rights reserved.

About us | How To Order | Privacy Notice | Safety | New products
90 Day Money Back Guarantee | FAQ | Shipping & Returns
Secure Shopping | Newsletters | Sitemap | Blog | Contact us
Disclaimer: 1st Pet Naturals is an education resource, and all information herein is strictly for educational purposes. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure disease, nor is it meant to replace the (prescribed) treatment or recommendations of your veterinarian or healthcare provider. Always inform your veterinarian or healthcare provider of any products that your pet is taking, including herbal remedies and supplements.